Content is important to my business, and your business, and all of our businesses. Only problem is, writing isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do. Being a good writer, and producing pieces people actually want to read can be enormously difficult. That’s why there are resources to help, I have these ten articles in a sticky note list on my desktop, and refer to them every time I need inspiration.
1. The Five most persuasive words in the English Language. This piece covers the basics, how to write clearly, how to convey your points, how to be like-able.
2. How to write magnetic headlines: The title of a post can make or break its success. This guide from Copyblogger offers up suggestions for creating the perfect headline.
3. The Skyscraper Technique: While not strictly about writing, this post helps out with making sure your posts are optimized and worth reading.
4. How to write compelling copy: Even if you don’t have a large audience to read your content, your content can be compelling. This guide covers how to write in an engaging way.
5. 210 Writing tips: Pretty much all the advice you’ll ever need. This post is really just filled with rich snippets of good things to remember.
6. 30 Indispensable writing tips from famous authors: Buzzfeed does actually provide value! While these tips aren’t specific, they are great general advice snippets to follow and can help with editing.
7. 21 Principles of Persuasion: Articles have to be persuasive, otherwise no one will believe you (duh).
8. Three keys to writing for the reader: This post focuses on how to write with the reader in mind, and no one else.
9. Quick guide to web copywriting: Smashing magazine put together a great guide, complete with examples of some of the greatest pieces of writing in history.
10. Tips on writing from Harvard Business Review: Excellent points from one of the oldest content producers.
Got a source to add? Tell me in the comments.