This post will teach you how to create a webhook and connect it to your Interact app.
What is a webhook and what will it allow me to do?
A webhook is a URL endpoint that Interact will use to send lead data collected from your Interact applications. Once a lead is collected, the data will be passed to Interact, we will prepare the data, and then send it to the specified webhook URL as either a GET or POST request. Using a webhook will give your business the opportunity to handle all incoming lead data on their own webpages.
What is the difference between the webhook methods GET and POST?
Using GET method will send all of the lead data as URL parameters in the request. For example, http://email@example.com&first_name=Example&last_name=Name&tag=Result%20Title. Using POST will send all of the lead data in the request body with the Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded. If you are unsure about which one to use, you should contact your website administrator.
How do I setup a webhook for my Interact app?
1. Click ‘Edit’ for the app you would like to edit and navigate to the ‘Email Integrations’ section.
2. In the list of integrations select ‘Webhook’ as shown below:
3. Enter the Webhook URL where all your lead data will be sent to:
4. Choose GET or POST as the Webhook method:
5. If there are additional parameters you would like to send along with the lead data, you can enter a name for the parameter along with a corresponding value. You can add up to 10 custom parameters. Also, if the data your Webhook is expecting has different parameter names than the ones provided, you may customize those as well. For example, if you are expecting the Zip Code to be sent as a parameter with the name postal_code instead of zip.
6. Click ‘Save Webhook & Continue’ to save all changes.
7. At this point, it would be a good idea to preview your app and test that the Webhook is receiving all lead data properly.
If at any point you have any questions or need help, feel free to reach out to support.