Steps to create a color personality test or quiz.
1. Write the test title in a way that attracts your audience
2. Create questions to figure out what color someone is
3. Make your color personality results for people to get
4. Connect your questions to your colors using corellations
5. (Optional) Use your color personality test to generate leads
Color personality tests have their own category when it comes to online personality tests and quizzes. There are entire websites where all you do is take a color personality test, and they get lots of traffic. I've seen color quizzes used for everything from product recommendation tools (show products that match your color) to psychological analysis (what does your color say about you?) and pretty much everything in between. Color tests are different because often you would use "What Color Are You?" as a quiz question to find out someone's personality, but this is the opposite where you're asking questions to find out someone's color. We'll go through how that all works in this article and leave you with a guide you can follow exactly to create your own color personality test or quiz. Let's begin.
Step 1: Write a title for your color personality test
There are a surprising number of ways you can present a color personality test or quiz. Here are some of the most common ones.
1. What Color Are You?
2. What Color Fits Your Personality?
3. What Color Represents You?
4. What Color is Your Aura?
Whichever one you choose, the idea is the same, where you are helping someone figure out what color is representative of them as a person in some way, shape, or form. This fits into the overall strategy for personality quiz titles which is "Which (Blank) Are You?" and in this case we are putting color in the blank.
Step 2: Create questions to figure out someone's color
As I was mentioning in the intro, the questions of a color test are different because usually you'd use "What Color Are You?" as a question within some other quiz.
However, in this case we are using questions to figure out what color someone is, so it's backwards.
The way to go about this is reverse method is to ask questions that figure out what someone's interests and personality are and then corellate that back to what color they are.
If you want some inspiration here's a list of quiz questions you can use to get some help.
Questions You Can Use.
1. What do you value most? A. Spontenaity (Correlates to: Pink, Yellow) B. Wellness (Correlates to: Blue) C. Intelligence (Correlates to: Blue, Green) D. Fun (Correlates to: Orange, Pink) E. Loyalty (Correlates to: Green)
2. How would your friends describe you? A. Bold (Correlates to: Red) B. Independent (Correlates to: Orange) C. Strong (Correlates to: Yellow) D. Kind (Correlates to: Pink, Green) E. Thoughtful (Correlates to: Blue)
3. What is your favorite season? A. Winter (Correlates to: Red, Green) B. Spring (Correlates to: Yellow, Green) C. Summer (Correlates to: Green, Blue) D. Fall (Correlates to: Yellow, Orange)
4. What's your favorite kind of movie? A. Romance (Correlates to: Pink, Yellow) B. Action and Adventure (Correlates to: Red) C. Drama (Correlates to: Blue) D. Comedy (Correlates to: Orange) E. Fantasy (Correlates to: Red)
5. Which is your favorite holiday? A. Christmas (Correlates to: Red, Green) B. Easter (Correlates to: Green, Yellow) C. 4th of July (Correlates to: Red, Blue) D. Thanksgiving (Correlates to: Orange, Yellow) E. Valentine's Day (Correlates to: Pink)
6. What motivates you? A. Inner peace (Correlates to: Blue, Green) B. Success (Correlates to: Yellow) C. My family (Correlates to: Green, Pink) D. Power (Correlates to: Red) E. Competition (Correlates to: Orange)
Step 3: Connect your questions to the colors with corellations
I put the corellations in the questions written above, and here's what it looks like inside the interact platform when you connect your questions to your results.
Each answer to every question can corellate to one or more of the quiz color personality results and as someone goes through the quiz they are getting corellations for different colors along the way.
Whichever color ends up with the most corellations when the quiz is done is the one that's shown as the result for that person and is the color that they are.
Step 4: Create descriptions for each color
Each of the color personalities for your test can have their own unique descriptions, links, images, buttons, and share options so people can share their result and click to learn more or buy recommended products that match their color.
When writing these color personality descriptions you'll want to be super upbeat and positive because people are more likely to share positive results.
I've also seen really well done color tests where the results are set up almost like a Myers-Briggs or something where there are positive attributes listed about people who are that color. You can use it as a way to provide a boost of confidence for whichever color the person got and in that way build some rapport that will get the person taking the quiz interested in hearing what else you have to say.
Step 5: (Optional) Use your color personality test to grow your email list
So you can set up your personality test to be a lead generation magnet for your website and social media. This works really well with average conversion rates at 50% for quiz opt-in setups.
The reason it works so well is that the person taking your test already knows they've given you information that will help in providing them useful advice and product tips based on who they are as a person. Your opt-in form will re-iterate that by saying "We'll send you recommendations for your color type"
These types of personalized emails get opened and clicked on 2.3x more than generic messages that don't reference people as who they are. Simply mentioning "Recommendations For Oranges" in your email titles will get you so much more interest over a message that doesn't reference the person's color personality.
Color personality tests are one of the longest-standing and most popular types of online quizzes. Until now it's been a bit difficult to create them, but with interact you can set one up for free in just a few hours. If you need a color personality test or quiz for your website and social media then click the button below to get started.
Your test will look beautiful on every device