People born between the mid-1990s and early 2010s are known for their tech-savvy nature and resourcefulness. Generation Z is slowly entering adulthood and on its way to becoming the world’s main consumer. With the new year approaching quickly, let’s discuss what Gen Z will search for online in 2024—and how you can prepare your business to sell to them.
Specifically, this article will cover:
- Crafting tomorrow’s innovations
- Nurturing self and growth
- Mapping future horizons
- Crafting interactive content
Crafting Tomorrow’s Innovations
Gen Z’s fascination with the latest tech trends is no secret. They always want the best technology, and they want it quickly. In the new year, Gen Z wants innovations that will positively affect both the world and themselves. It’s much easier to justify a purchase that will give back to a community.
The best way to grab Gen Z’s attention is to come out with something new, innovative, and—most important—different. (Something like Interact’s AI-Powered Quiz Maker!)
When I’m scrolling through social media and come across ads, I’m most likely to buy the products I have not seen yet on the market. Gen Z is all about finding ways to simplify their lives, so products that reduce time and effort are sure to make an impact.
Below are some ways you can reach Gen Z with new ideas:
- Research areas where your products or services can have a positive social and environmental impact.
- Develop and promote innovative features that differentiate your offerings from competitors.
- Use social media platforms to showcase your innovative products and engage with Gen Z through visually appealing content.
Nurturing Self and Growth
Despite Gen Z’s extensive use of technology, they tend to have a less favorable perception of social media than other generations. The surplus of unfavorable information circulating online can lead to lower self-esteem. It’s easy for social media users to draw comparisons with individuals they encounter online, leading to a persistent sense of inferiority.
In 2024, Gen Z will seek out businesses that promote well-being in their products and services. They want to see companies that care about them and are willing to take the extra step to make a strong connection.
Simply Productive does a great job of using a quiz to help customers organize their lives, reducing stress and anxiety—while also generating leads! This is a great example of what Gen Z wants: a service to improve and strengthen mental health.
Here are a couple of ways to boost Gen Z’s self-esteem:
- Write blog posts or articles on the benefits of your products for stress reduction and mental well-being.
- Implement interactive elements, such as quizzes, that contribute to personal growth.
Mapping Future Horizons
As a college student, I can relate to the struggle of deciding my next path. Gen Z is entering the workforce and looking for ways to minimize the stress of this new phase of life.
Career-related content will be an important resource for this generation through 2024. Below are some tips to engage with Gen Z with career-related content:
- Be genuine and transparent in showcasing your workplace culture and employee experiences.
- Use platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and Linkedin.
- Try creating tutorials and real-world applications.
- Highlight diversity initiatives and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Address mental health openly, share resources, and discuss strategies for maintaining work-life balance.
Creating Interactive Content
Interactive content is one of the best ways to engage Gen Z—and this trend is set to continue into 2024. This generation craves active participation. Businesses can align their interactive content with popular search trends, such as sustainability, pop culture, tech, and innovation.
Quizzes are a great form of interactive content and help tap into the growing interests of Gen Z. They also provide quiz-takers with valuable insights. It’s a two-way street where businesses not only engage with their audience but also offer them a meaningful takeaway, creating that crucial connection between brand and customer.
If you want to create your own quiz, head to Interact’s AI-powered Quiz Maker to get started!
Here are a couple of examples of interactive content that you can include in your business:
- Create quizzes aligning with sustainability, pop culture, tech, and innovation.
- Incorporate feedback from interactive content to continuously improve and tailor future content to Gen Z’s preferences.
As we wrap up this journey into Gen Z’s 2024 aspirations, remember that tech innovation, personal wellness, and career exploration are the name of the game. But what does Gen Z really want to see more of? Interactive content. It’s more than a trend; it’s a lasting connection.