Remote - Full Time
Come be part of a company that is bringing humanity into the world of marketing. Help us build a community of people who want to put their customers first, think about others as more than just numbers, and create real connections through marketing. Interact is a small, fast-growing, and remote-only company, so you’ll be able to work on a variety of different, but exciting projects that will directly impact our customer base from wherever you are. Check out our mention in Inc. Magazine to learn more about what we do!
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to be the first hire in our brand-new in-house Interact development team. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on how we grow moving forward. Interact is a quiz platform used by businesses worldwide amassing millions of interactions every month. Our stack involves node.js, MongoDB, and redis on the back-end and ReactJS and MobX on the front-end. Familiarity with AWS and Heroku is ideal for deployment.
- Ship to tens of thousands of customers, a product seen by millions, while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership
- Architect and build scalable solutions using our current technologies
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes
- Work on our high-performance web hosting infrastructure
- Write high-performance node.js code that powers all of our APIs
- Use your experience running highly scalable systems to improve our development and deployment processes
- Work directly with our development resources to manage the release of new product features
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering leaders to design, prioritize, and deliver product features
- Provide feedback on requirements, design, and technical reviews
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality
- 4+ years experience writing high-quality code as a software engineer
- Experience with node.js and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of client-server architecture with REST APIs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source code management (git), continuous integration, build processes, and testing
- Eagerness to help others and learn new things
- Learn and work with a team of highly skilled professionals
- Opportunity to work with trending technologies
- Cultivate soft and hard skills, working in a rapidly growing start-up
- Company equity
- Unlimited PTO, plus the entire company take’s a week off in July and December
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more 30 days after you start
- Fully remote! We are a remote-first company
- $500 to set up your home office
- 2-3 offsites per year to get the team together
We are a fully bootstrapped, fully remote, and profitable startup that has gotten here by putting the customer at the center of every decision we’ve made and by investing in our small but mighty team. Once travel opens up again, our plan is to get the team together 2-3 times a year for team building and strategic planning offsites.
Click here for a full description of our company values & culture.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be a combination of salary and equity depending on experience.
If you are interested, email email@example.com.