Remote - Full Time
About the Company:
Interact is a small, fully remote, bootstrapped start-up founded in 2014. Our founders, Josh and Matt, felt that there was an opportunity to provide a more personalized and engaging digital marketing experience through the utilization of online quizzes/surveys. As a result, Interact was born!
Our software enables our customers to design, customize, and deliver online quizzes and surveys that are both engaging and personalized. We’ve helped thousands of digital marketers and businesses harness the power of quizzes so that they can build and grow qualified email lists, segment leads, and recommend products to increase sales. Check out our mention in Bootstrappers to learn more about what we do!
About the Role:
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to be one of our first hires in our brand-new, in-house engineering team. From planning and designing to implementation and deployment, you’ll take full ownership in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Moreover, you’ll also have the opportunity to have a direct impact on how we grow and scale our team.
- Plan, scope, and implement solutions using a multitude of technologies including, but not limited to Node.js, React, and MongoDB.
- Partner closely with the CTO and other engineers to architect and build highly scalable APIs and web applications.
- Help improve our development and CI/CD processes. We are a newly formed team that’s looking for engineers who are willing to contribute to developing and enhancing our culture and practices.
- Provide feedback on requirements, design, and code through PRs and technical sparring sessions.
- 3+ years real-world experience working as a software developer on production code. While a CS or related degree is great, we care more about your experience, coding skills, and ability to communicate with your teammates.
- While we like to think of ourselves as “stack agnostic”, we expect that someone in this role will be familiar with or is willing to learn our existing core stack:
- Node.js and Express: Our APIs and backend services
- ES6 React: Our frontend
- MongoDB: Our main data store
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and familiarity with agile development, CI/CD, and testing.
- Eagerness to help others and learn new things. At Interact, we believe that building and enhancing our team culture is vital to the success of our company and ultimately our customers.
- Learn and work with a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Opportunity to work with trending technologies.
- Cultivate soft and hard skills, working in a rapidly growing start-up.
- Company equity!
- Unlimited PTO, plus the entire company take’s a week off in July and December.
- 4 day work weeks.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more 30 days after you start.
- Fully remote! We are a remote-first company.
- $500 to set up your home office.
- 2-3 offsites per year to get the team together.
We are a fully bootstrapped, fully remote, and profitable start-up that has gotten here by putting the customer at the center of every decision we’ve made and by investing in our small but mighty team. As a team, we get together 2-3 times a year for team building and strategic planning offsites.
Click here for a full description of our company values & culture.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be a combination of salary and equity depending on experience.
If you are interested, email email@example.com.