Find the best quiz to grow your business!
Quizzes are super effective for lead generation and selling products. Find the best quiz for your business by answering a few questions
What Social Media Platform is Best for your Travel Business?
Take this six-question quiz to find out which social networks your travel business needs to be on and which you can ignore!
WHAT AGE IS YOUR IDEAL CLIENT?
23-29 years old
30-49 years old
50+ years old
1 / 6
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE INCOME OF YOUR IDEAL CLIENT?
2 / 6
WHICH TYPE OF TRAVEL DO YOU SPECIALIZE IN?
Young Family Travel
Special Interest Travel
3 / 6
WHICH TYPE OF CONTENT WILL YOU MOSTLY POST?
Links to longer articles, like interviews or best practices
Links to visual-intensive articles, like infographics or how-to guides
Photos with descriptive captions
Live video of yourself
Breaking travel news
4 / 6
HOW MEDIA SAVVY ARE YOU?
1: Social media expert
2: Super-savvy socialite, but just shy of being a pro
3: Posts frequently and understands how the most popular platforms work
4: Knows the basics of some platforms
5: Just starting out online
5 / 6
HOW WILL YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT?
I want to purchase relevant content that I schedule myself
I want to create all of my own content (images/captions/hashtags) that I will schedule myself
I want to outsource all of my social media needs
6 / 6
Instagram is the best social media platform for travel brands at the moment and it's not expected to change anytime soon. With more than 500 million monthly active users, you can reach your ideal client. If you think your ideal client is too old to be be on Instagram think again. Many of them are there and for those who are not, their children, friends, neighbors and travel companions are.
Here are our top tips for using Instagram for your travel business:
1. Only post what you want to sell - destinations and experiences
2. Never post promotions, pricing or supplier reposts
3. Never tag suppliers unless they have sponsored the experience you are in, in that case, full disclosure! Otherwise you are shepherding your viewers away from your feed to theirs.
4. Use an online scheduler to prepare 1-4 weeks of posts in advance. This keeps you consistent and focused in your strategy.
5. Engage with your followers. If someone asks a question or responds to your post, write them back!
6. Only use professional photography. You're asking for thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars from your clients - they won't take you seriously with selfies and DIY assets.
7. Don't be afraid of captions, in fact write strong, relevant and engaging captions about what viewers can see and experience in a destination and then end with relevant hashtags and a strong call to action.
Finally, if you know that you aren't going to be 100% perfect at those 7 tips, consider subscribing to www.thetravelagentssuitcase.com. For only $37/mo we'll provide polished and professional social media content specifically for travel agents. Our content takes care of 5 of the above, just leaving you to copy and paste into a schedule and engage with your audience!
With 1.59 billion monthly active users, Facebook is far and away the most popular social network across ages, genders, and income levels. The News Feed is a crowded place to make your event stand out — but also has the potential to connect your event with more than 70% of online adults. That’s some serious reach when you’re trying to sell more tickets.
Here are some tips for doing well on Facebook:
With 320 million monthly active users, Twitter is the perfect fit to reach a younger, tech-savvy crowd. The site is most popular among high-income millennials — often college grads making more than $50k per year — with slightly more male users than female.