Instagram is the best social media platform for travel brands at the moment and it's not expected to change anytime soon. With more than 500 million monthly active users, you can reach your ideal client. If you think your ideal client is too old to be be on Instagram think again. Many of them are there and for those who are not, their children, friends, neighbors and travel companions are.
Here are our top tips for using Instagram for your travel business:
1. Only post what you want to sell - destinations and experiences
2. Never post promotions, pricing or supplier reposts
3. Never tag suppliers unless they have sponsored the experience you are in, in that case, full disclosure! Otherwise you are shepherding your viewers away from your feed to theirs.
4. Use an online scheduler to prepare 1-4 weeks of posts in advance. This keeps you consistent and focused in your strategy.
5. Engage with your followers. If someone asks a question or responds to your post, write them back!
6. Only use professional photography. You're asking for thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars from your clients - they won't take you seriously with selfies and DIY assets.
7. Don't be afraid of captions, in fact write strong, relevant and engaging captions about what viewers can see and experience in a destination and then end with relevant hashtags and a strong call to action.
Finally, if you know that you aren't going to be 100% perfect at those 7 tips, consider subscribing to www.thetravelagentssuitcase.com. For only $37/mo we'll provide polished and professional social media content specifically for travel agents. Our content takes care of 5 of the above, just leaving you to copy and paste into a schedule and engage with your audience!