Instagram ads have not been around very long, but already there’s a laundry list of companies driving incredible results advertising on the platform.
Quizzes are a perfect fit for advertising on Instagram because they walk the line between pure entertainment/fun and practical sales (through lead generation and direct sales). Here’s a how-to on using Instagram to boost a quiz.
Here’s the finished product for our Instagram, now we’ll go through the process of creating this ad.
1. Open the Instagram ad builder. (which is actually through Facebook.
2. Create a “send people to your website” campaign. This will allow you to direct people who click on the ad to your quiz landing page on your website.
3. Insert the URL where your quiz is embedded on your website. (ideally you also have a pixel set up in your quiz results
4. Now select your audience. For my example, we have an audience already created. One things that’s important in this step is to target an audience of people you already know to be in your ideal customer profile. Often-times we’ve seen that the same ad set you’ve been targeting will all of a sudden begin responding much more positively when you incorporate a quiz into the ad.
5. Now set up a budget and time-frame for your ad. The nice thing about ads is that you can run them for a long time as long as your audience is big enough You can change the advanced settings to only be targeting people on Instagram as well.
6. Now set up your ad. The image below is a bit complicated, but it’s how I set up this particular ad. It’s a slideshow ad that plays automatically when someone sees the ad on Instagram. You can also do image ads and video ads, but I chose this format because it allows me to upload a series of images that replicate the flow of someone who is actually taking the quiz. I uploaded six images that show for a second each (the Gif at the beginning of this post is my actual ad).
7. Go ahead and preview your ad on all formats (Instagram format pictured below). Make sure everything displays as you’d like before going live.
8. Now put your ad live and watch the results roll in! If you want to make a quiz to use on Instagram for lead generation, check out tryinteract.com