This guide covers how to generate a product quiz with ChatGPT (OpenAI), importing to Interact for lead generation capability, editing to humanize the content, and publishing to Shopify, social media, or any website. Special thank you to Henry’s House of Coffee for letting us use them as an example in this guide.
There are three main ways to make product recommendation quizzes with ChatGPT.
- Simple: Make a general product recommendation quiz for your store
- Advanced: Make a specific product recommendation quiz for a set of products you choose
- Custom: Make a product recommendation quiz idea you already have
No matter which option you choose, you will follow the same set of four steps to make your quiz with ChatGPT.
1. Generate quiz content with ChatGPT
Link to full Prompt Google Doc updated weekly
Use OpenAI Playground with temperature set to .49 for best results. ChatGPT works too.
Overview of the three methods.
Simple: You put in your online store title and description. Then you add instructions and an ideal output format for ChatGPT, it creates a general quiz for you.
Pros: Quick, minimal effort.
Cons: Lacks your voice, requires more humanizing, requires you to add products to outcomes.
Advanced: You put in specific products/descriptions you want included as recommendations. Then you add instructions and an ideal output format for ChatGPT, it creates a quiz recommending the right products out of the options you give it.
Pros: Give specific product recommendations, speaks in your voice
Cons: Requires you to choose products and copy/paste product descriptions
Custom: You give ChatGPT a specific product recommendation quiz title, instructions, and an ideal output format, it creates a quiz template you can edit.
Pros: Super quick if you already know what quiz you want, gets you past “blank screen” effect
Cons: Requires knowledge of quiz creation
All prompts are in the doc embedded below and updated regularly.
2. Import quiz content into Interact
Simply copy/paste the generated quiz into Interact. In the future this will be done automatically with InteractAI, join the waitlist.
3. Editing checklist to humanize your quiz
Quiz Title (3-15 words)
What do you ask new customers to start a conversation about what they are looking for? Speak in your voice.
Quiz Cover Photo
Search for “Your Product” or use your own photo of products/people
Quiz Short Description (5-25 words)
What do customers say about why it is important that they find the right product? Speak in your customers voice.
“Take quiz” button color
Same color you use for buttons on your website
Quiz Questions (4-7 questions, 3-20 words per question text)
What questions do you ask to help a customer find the best product for who they are and what they care about? Speak in your voice.
Quiz answer choices (2-6 answer choices per question, 1-15 words per answer choice)
How do customers respond when you ask them questions about who they are and what they care about? Speak in your customers voice.
Images for quiz questions.
- Text question with image answer choices – search for each answer choice summarized in 1-3 words
- Image question with text answer choices – search for each each question summarized in 1-3 words
- Use all text questions and answers when images don’t make sense
Quiz opt-in form
Heading (3-10 words)
Why would a customer want to be on your email list? Speak in your voice.
Sub-heading (5-15 words)
What customers say is valuable about being on your email list. Speak in your customers voice.
- Is this how I would describe this product recommendation to a customer in real life? Speak in your voice.
- Are these the products I would pull off the shelf to show to the customer?
Call to action button
Which product or products would I tell a customer with this outcome to buy? Link to that product/those products
4. Publish to Shopify, Social Media, any website
Here are the most common ways brands promote their product quizzes.
- Embed quiz in Shopify
- Use quiz as popup in Shopify
- Share quiz on social platforms
- Embed quiz on any website
Product Quiz I made with ChatGPT and Edited with my voice
Based on Henry’s House of Coffee using specific product choices.
What I edited: short description, scoring system, images I chose, result links
What’s original: title, Outcomes, questions, answer choices